Easter, it pretty much means one thing; Chocolate! And it doesn't just stop at one little piece of chocolate, oh no! Its cupboards full of chocolate eggs, which normally contain chocolate bars. They are the gifts that keep giving...extra inches to our waist lines.
But let's forget about all that chocolate for a moment (tricky we know). Easter is also a time to be with our family and friends and to take advantage of the 4 day weekend.
Here are some handy tips you can use to help you avoid the chocolate blowout, and keep focused on your weight loss goals:
- Plan some activities with your family and friends and make the most of those extra days off.
- Take some exercise. Go for a jog or a bike ride, or take the children out for the day over the park. You'll feel so much better knowing that you have had a chocolate free Easter and burned off a few extra calories at the same time.
- If you have children, especially young children, chances are they will plenty of chocolate eggs as gifts from friends and family. Remember portion control and limit how many eggs your children have and when. Remember that a lot is said about 'out of sight out of mind.'
- If you have older children why not give them a little money instead of chocolate eggs. Chocolate will probably be the last thing they will buy!
- If you know someone who normally buys you an egg at Easter, ask them to buy you something small and non-chocolate containing, like a scented candle, bubble bath or a bunch of flowers.
- Rather than the traditional Easter Egg Hunt, why not have an Easter Chick Hunt. Or what about painting some eggs and hiding those instead.
- Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that if you do eat some chocolate; it's not the end of the world. Don't let it throw you off your goal, just keep focused and move on.